Wednesday, December 5, 2007

State of the Blog

Tomorrow, (I am about 95% sure) the blog will be in a different format. Registration will be easier and the look will be more attractive. And to mark this milestone (and my 4,000th post), I have been looking back at the last few weeks to see what I can do different and better. One thing I have noticed is that I need to be trying some new stuff -- I have kind of fallen into a rut (always a risk when you are super busy). I want to keep this thing as fresh as I can and to keep the consistent growth it has experienced in the past year going. This thing is a canvas for me to be as creative as I can be -- I want to take advantage of it every way I can.

Let's see, what else? Hits are still steadily growing. For example, I've seen a 10% spike in hits since I have been back from vacation. So apparently, I am picking up some new readers out there -- so whoever you are, thank you for dropping in. This is your blog as much as it is mine -- most of the time your comments are funnier and more interesting than mine. The blog is also regularly one of the top non-sports related items on the website and that is a powerful motivator for me to keep spending time on it.

Andy will give me my marching orders today on what I need to do for the new format. It's my ultimate goal to have a one-stop shop for blog, cartoon, archive and store on one page. Tune in and hang on. This will be fun.

16 comments:

mayberry said...

Looking forward to it!

SoMissTV said...

Have you thought about collaborating with the guys who shoot video for the website? I enjoyed watching you live blog a cartoon from start to finish; I think it'd be neat to see the same process in a visual format.

Marshall Ramsey said...

I plan on doing something even if I have to do it myself.

SoMissTV said...

If you get stuck, holler at me. I have a little experience in that area. :)

Supermom said...

I want to see video of him eating Taco Bell while driving.

Marshall Ramsey said...

I'll shoot that one myself, too.

regina Butler said...

Let's see eating taco bell, driving, shooting a video all at once, do you have tentacles that hold things like Davey Jones.

Somebody find him a keeper when he gets behind the wheel.

regina Butler said...

So will we get treated to a mini video, "My Day" by Marshal Ramsey?

regina Butler said...

I hope they put a fresh picture of you on the right side bar. You look slimmer with a beard and mustache.

regina Butler said...

No Marshall, I'm not saying the picture you have now makes you look fat okay? They just shot it from the wrong angle. You are supposed to shoot people from above, it makes them appear slimmer.

Unknown said...

The only thing to make that better Supermom is if he get Frank on tape at the Taco Bell. That would be awesome!

Marshall Ramsey said...

I will buy a helmet-cam.

CluckyRN said...

More fun than one can stand:
gallbladder ultrasounds.
I'm still tingly.
NOT.

On my way to work..have fun-but not too much cuz I don't wanna be jealous, mmmk?

And I wanna see the video. Heh.
~:>

CluckyRN said...

Oh, and why did helmet cam remind me of Trent Lott?

~:>

gigi said...

CHANGE?!?!?!?! Oh no....will I be able to do it? I like the format you have now - so easy to read - but I guess we have to trust the people who really know.

Marshall Ramsey said...

We'll see.